Re: InitializationCell -> Toggle shortcut key

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg56858] Re: InitializationCell -> Toggle shortcut key
  • From: "ragfield" <ragfield at>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 15:35:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Trevor Baca wrote:
> yet if you add these to your file and try
> out, you'll find that the control+option combination works *with your
> cursor sitting in the middle of a cell* while the command+control
> *with an entire cell or collection of cells selected*.
> actually, the two combinations compliment or complement each other
> perfectly.
> but how utterly bizarre that the choice of modifier key can change
> effect of the FrontEndToken.

This is true of many FrontEnd menu commands.  The Option key generally
makes the command apply to the "next higher level."  For example, when
you have a content selection Command-1 changes the selection to "Title"
style (in most StyleSheets), and Command-Option-1 changes the entire
cell to "Title" style.  This is by design.

Rob Raguet-Schofield
Wolfram Research