{{x -> -Sqrt[2]}, {x -> (-I)*Sqrt[2]},
  {x -> I*Sqrt[2]}, {x -> Sqrt[2]}}

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Mike [mailto:jenningsmca_REMOVETHIS at hotmail.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I have tried multiple problems (simple ones albiet) to solve while in
ALG mode.
SOLVE(x^4 - 1 = 3, x)
but this provides no result. Just returns the question with no answer.
The answer should be x = -Sqrt(2) or x = sqrt(2).

The example works in RPN, but I use both environments depending what I
am doing. It worked before the upgrade.
Am I missing something here!

- Mike