Re: ArcTan[1/0] no result, but ArcTan[Infinity] ok. How to resolve?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57011] Re: ArcTan[1/0] no result, but ArcTan[Infinity] ok. How to resolve?
  • From: "Scout" <user at domain.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 02:33:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 1 / 0 gets rightly : 'Infinite expression'.
In fact that rapresentation is symbolically entered in Math as 'Infinity'.
So, if you want to write 1/0 you have just to enter Infinity symbol.
Otherwise, if you have an expression like 1/x
and calculate Limit[ArcTan[1/x],x->0] you get Pi/2, as you expected.

     ~Scout~

news:d5mukl$dru$1 at smc.vnet.net...