Re: Converting result to ASCII-art

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56980] Re: Converting result to ASCII-art
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 02:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
it all depends what the receiver wants to do with the formula.
A simple solution would be:
Solve[a x^4 + b x^3 + c x + d == 0, x] // InputForm
This can be copied and pasted without problems.
If he wants C code you may also try:
Solve[a x^4 + b x^3 + c x + d == 0, x] // CForm
There is also FortranForm.

Homever, if the graphic, 2D form is needed, copy and paste it into a
word document.

SIncerely, Daniel