InterpolatingFunctionAnatomy.m

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57034] InterpolatingFunctionAnatomy.m
  • From: Chrisantha <ctf20 at sussex.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

Can anyone possible send me the interpolatingfunctionanatomy .m file. I
have Mathematica 5.0 only. I am running a simulation of chemical
kinetics, and need the volume to be changed at each timestep which then
scales the concentrations. This means as far as I am aware that I will
have to use the EventLocator controller.

In my system of dif equations I have

X'[t] = (bla bla ... )
V'[t] = (k X[t] )

At each timestep I need to scale X[t] by the ratio of (V[t]/V[t+1])
because V is the volume of the cell that the chemical X is in, and X
increases this volume. Therefore, X[t] has to be reduced by a ratio of
the previous volume to the current volume. I can only think of doing
this by having an event detect when the volume increases by a fixed
amount, and catching that event,. and then rescaling X'[t] and
restaring NDSolve from there. I think the EventLocator can do this
automatically. Is there a better way to do this?

Yours ever,
Chrisantha Fernando