Re: Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg fordigital processing
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57141] Re: [mg57129] Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg fordigital processing
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 03:08:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Peter Most things you need to know to get you started on this topic are in The Book, Section 2.10.20. The best advice for a beginner is to start at the beginning of The Book, working through all the examples until you reach the end. Then start on the AddOns. Yes, it is thick, and parts of it may well be difficult, especially for non-native English speakers. Failing that, at least make an attempt at Googling for the answer. Regards, Dave. -----Original Message----- From: Peter van Daalen [mailto:vandaalen at chello.nl] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Subject: [mg57141] [mg57129] Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg fordigital processing I want a simple way of processing grayscale and .bmp and .jpeg bytes ( for improving my digitized X-ray pics ). No advanced processing as per application " Digital Image Processing " is needed for me. Being a Mathematica beginner, I failed in finding the way to convert ..jpeg and .bmp formats into 2D and 3D numerical ( 0-255) arrays.