Re: Modifying displayed form of an expression?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57180] Re: Modifying displayed form of an expression?
- From: "Peltio" <peltio at trilight.zone>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 04:43:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Peltio" <peltioNOSPAM at despammed.com.invalid>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Peltio" wrote >It can be streamlined in a simple procedure, like this: > > myCollect[fac_][f_] := > Simplify[Numerator[f] fac]/Simplify[Denominator[f] fac] > >So that it can be called like this: > > f // myCollect[Exp[-c]] > >A further step would be the identification of the positive signed >exponential in the denominator. Something like this should work, Denominator[f] /. Exp[c_] - Exp[d_] :> Exp[c] as long as you don't have factors in front of the positive exponential. So an 'automated' simplification procedure should look like: mySimplify[f_] := myCollect[Denominator[f] /. Exp[c_] - Exp[d_] :>Exp[-c]][f] f //mySimplify cheers, Peltio