Re: Mapping Data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57321] Re: Mapping Data
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 05:12:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Othman,
If I understand your question, you want to change the temperature
radially and keep the same value for all angles.
Here is an example:

T = Table[Exp[-x], {x, 0, 1, 0.1}];
R = Table[x, {x, 0, 1, 0.1}];
fun = ListInterpolation[T, {R}];
ContourPlot[fun[Norm[{x, y}]], {x, -1, 1}, {y, -1, 1}]

This will give some warnings because the PlotRange is recangular and we
extrapolate the function in the corners.
Sincerely, Daniel