Creating hyperlinks from text?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57504] Creating hyperlinks from text?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I select a previously typed-in but not activated URL for an outside web site, which previously was entered into a text cell in the form, <http://www.some.website/stuff/morestuff/> and then copy this text; go to the Input >> Create Hyperlink menu command; click the proper buttons; and paste the complete URL (with or without the bounding <-->'s) in the appropriate box in the Create Hyperlink window. For some of these URLs this converts the URL text that was previously there to an underlined and active link, but for others with no visibly different appearance it converts the text to an equally active underlined link which now reads <\[SelectionPlaceholder]> and I don't understand why this is happening. . . ???