Re: Mathematica 1

On 5 Nov 2005, at 15:53, Daniele Lupo wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I'd like to know if there's a way to obtain and try the first
> version of
> Mathematica. I'd like to try it. Does it work under winxp and/or
> linux? I
> think that it can be an interesting thing, the seeing of the born
> of this
> program... :-)
>
> Daniele

Since Mathematica is a lot older than both Windows (any version) and
Linux it would be pretty remarkable if version 1 worked under these.
But who knows.
I once had version 1.2 for the Mac, but I used it on a 68K Mac II.
Mathematica itself came on floppy disks and even if still had them
(which I do not) it certainly would not run on any modern Mac. I
think your best bet is to find a first generation Next machine that
came with Mathematica pre-installed. They may not be so cheap though
since I suppose they must now have some historic value...

Andrzej Kozlowski