Re: Write, Put,..
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62048] Re: Write, Put,..
- From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 02:50:30 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Uli WÃ¼rfel wrote: > Hi there, > > I used Export to get my data into a file. But now > I would like to write text and arrays of numbers in a more direct way. > My problem is that everytime I call e.g. PutAppend or WriteAppend > Mathematica starts a new line. Is it not possible to control the output > to a file in the same way like with outstream in C++?? > I mean, e.g. to output an element of an array, and then a tab and then > maybe a word,... WriteString is your friend, look up chapter 2.12.3 for more information of writing to files. You will need to use convert the expressions to strings yourself, though... albert