- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62246] Re: FixedPoint
- From: Paul McHale <paul.mchale at _NO_$PAMearthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:15:44 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:43:42 +0000 (UTC), "Scott" <sguthery at gmail.com> wrote: >Anybody know how to get FixedPoint to reveal how many iterations it had >to perform before it found the fixed point; i.e. what n was when SameQ >was satisfied and FixedPoint exited. > >Thanks for any insight. > >Cheers, Scott Using FixedPointList will not only show iteration count but the value of each iteration. To find the iteration count, just use Length on the list returned.