- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62246] Re: FixedPoint
- From: Paul McHale <paul.mchale at _NO_$PAMearthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:15:44 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:43:42 +0000 (UTC), "Scott" <sguthery at gmail.com>
>Anybody know how to get FixedPoint to reveal how many iterations it had
>to perform before it found the fixed point; i.e. what n was when SameQ
>was satisfied and FixedPoint exited.
>Thanks for any insight.
Using FixedPointList will not only show iteration count but the value
of each iteration. To find the iteration count, just use Length on
the list returned.
Prev by Date:
DXF, OSG and Mathematica (OpenGL)
Next by Date:
Re: Magnetic Pendulum
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: