Re: Re: Hardcopy or electronic books?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62340] Re: [mg62304] Re: Hardcopy or electronic books?
  • From: "G. Raymond Brown" <gbrown at runbox.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:54:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

What I _really_ want is a version of Mathematica that I can load on my
hand held running MS Pocket PC, which has 256M of memory and easily rides
in my breast pocket.  Even a version just of the Mathematica front end
for Pocket PC, even without the kernel,  would be very useful.  Then I
could read and write notebooks while riding the bus, sitting on the can,
etc. - in other words, any place I might carry and use a printed book. I
can already take files in MS Word and transfer them to the hand held, but
I can't run Mathematica on it. So I have this marvelous tiny computer,
but mostly use it to play solitaire, since the program I would most like
to use on it can't be installed.  Similarly, I would like Pocket PC
versions of XML editors, etc.

Is there anyone else in this situation?

-GRB-