  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62418] permutations
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:27:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Group:
  If I do for example:
  my computer runs out of memory.
  This is not such a poor computer.  Actually, I would need to do permutations of lists of Length 20, perhaps 25.  I am aware these calculations are big (Length[x]!), but I wonder if there is some way around the problem. Compilating Permutations? But then how? Can somebody help me?
  Francisco Gutiérrez