Re: Re: Lost connection to license server

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62428] Re: [mg62407] Re: [mg62283] Lost connection to license server
  • From: Manuel Schmidt <Manuel.Schmidt at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:33:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

my problem is exactly, that the message "...could not contact..." does
NOT pop up. It will never pop up, because the Kernel is started by
another Kernel and not by the FrontEnd.
If I click on "retry" butto of the kernel, that has been started by the
FrontEnd, everything is ok. But from the Kernel started by the
FrontEnd's Kernel I (i.e. FrontEnd's Kernel) get this Package and I want
to answer. But obviously the answer is not recognized. Am I talking the
wrong language to the Kernel?
I write directly (i.e. without a package "around" the command)

LinkWrite[theLink,"retry"]

This works for example for
LinkInterrupt[theLink];
LinkWrite[theLink,"continue"];

Shouldn't it also work for this problem?

Thanks,
Manuel