HelpBrowser lacks entry for SubValues

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62462] HelpBrowser lacks entry for SubValues
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:25:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If I enter SubValues in the search field of the HelpBrowser, I do not get
any hits.  When I searched the web site with the following, I didn't get
any hits either:
http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/FindFunction/?name=SubValues&x=0&y=0

However I get the following in a Mathematica session:

In[1]:= Information[SubValues]
SubValues[f] gives a list of transformation rules corresponding to all
   subvalues (values for f[x,..][..], etc.) defined for the symbol f.

Attributes[SubValues] = {HoldAll, Protected}

Options[SubValues] = {Sort -> True}

What is the significance of SubValues not appearing in the HelpBrowser?
--
The Mathematica Wiki: http://www.mathematica-users.org/
Math for Comp Sci http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/math/bmwcs/master.html