Making a phase plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62516] Making a phase plot
  • From: Milind Gupta <milind.gupta at>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:47:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

     I wanted to plot the phase of a transfer function. I was doing it like

LogLinearPlot[Phase[w], {w, 0, wmax}]

    Where Phase is calculated using the ArcTan function. The problem is tha=
the ArcTan function rounds up the result to positive values when the phase
goes below -pi. But I want the phase to keep going negative values upto
infinity. Is there a way to do this using some standard functions?

Milind <Milind at>