Re: webmathematica linux installation problems
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62553] Re: webmathematica linux installation problems
- From: Dave <INVALID.See-signature-for-how-to-determine at southminister-branch-line.org.uk>
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:35:22 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Nov-2005 at southminister-branch-line.org.uk
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Pradeep Suresh wrote:
> Hi all,
> First of all, let me thank aff of you who answered my earlier questions
> on mathematica (however amateurish they seemed!).
> I have a problem with the webmathematica in linux. we managed to get it
> installed and it works, but for some reason it just cannot show any
> graphics genereated by mathematica! none of the plots i generate are
> shown on the webmathematica page, they are simply replaced by "created
> by webmathematica" banner with a red cross in the corner.the text
> outputting is perfectly fine. rather puzzling! any ideas on how to fix
> this? do i need to reinstall?
> plz help!
Do the sample pages run OK ?
I am 95% sure you will find the problem is related to the X server.
I have had similar (but not idential) problems running on a Sun. The
Mathematica process must connect to an X server. If it does not, text
based examples (eg. the Hello one, which shows the date) run OK, but
anything that produces graphs, or formats output does not.
Try this - it is not a long term solution, but woth a try for a short period
1) Log onto the console as the user who runs the tomcat process.
2) xhost +localhost
3) Stay logged in on the console.
4) Try the example again.
Please note my email address changes periodically to avoid spam.
It is always of the form: month-year@domain. Hitting reply will work
for a couple of months only. Later set it manually. The month is
always written in 3 letters (e.g. Jan, not January etc)
Prev by Date:
Re: does this shut down anyone else's kernel?
Next by Date:
How to define and plot a periodic signal?
Previous by thread:
webmathematica linux installation problems
Next by thread:
references to numbered equations in arXiv style sheet