Streamline output to avoid redundancy
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61146] Streamline output to avoid redundancy
- From: "Diana" <diana53xiii at earthlink.remove13.net>
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:21:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: "Diana" <diana53xiii at earthlink.remove13.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am starting some research on working with solutions of Diophantine
Equations. I am wanting to streamline the programming of solutions to
eliminate nulls and redundant strings.
For example, if I code the following:
Table[If[(x^3-1)/(x-1)==(y^n-1)/(y-1) && x!=y,
I get pages of output, and then need to do a Union of the result. Is there a
way to streamline this?
"God made the integers, all else is the work of man."
L. Kronecker, Jahresber. DMV 2, S. 19.
Prev by Date:
Re: surface intersection
Next by Date:
Maximum y-value in a list of xy pairs
Previous by thread:
Re: view only every second bar lable on x-axes
Next by thread:
Re: Streamline output to avoid redundancy