Mathematica output that slow???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61138] Mathematica output that slow???
- From: Kevin Towles <kbt22 at drexel.edu>
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:21:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Greatings all, I am having trouble writing to output files from Mathematica. Actually doing the output is trivial, but the time it takes to complete the operation seems quite slow. Perhaps I should describe how I use the Write function. Basically at the beginning of the program I open a file to write to with OpenWrite. Then my program carries out a couple hundred calculations and writes one line to the outputstream and repeats, a couple hundred more calcs and another one line write. Finally, when the program is complete I Close the output file. My problem is that in writing files that are tens of thousands of lines long, the process seems quite slow compared to its Fortran counterpart. Is there a better way to write like this in Mathematica (by better I mean faster). :) Thanks for any help, Kevin Towles