Solving Diophantine Equations
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61185] Solving Diophantine Equations
- From: "Diana" <diana53xiii at earthlink.remove13.net>
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:42:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: "Diana" <diana53xiii at earthlink.remove13.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am trying to start doing numerical solving of Diophantine Equations. I
want to do extensive calculations, but the kernel aborts for lack of memory.
For example, the following command aborts midstream:
Table[If[(x^3-1)/(x-1)==(y^n-1)/(y-1) && x!=y,
I have tried doing many smaller steps, but then I have a very long file of
Would you make a suggestion as to how to process these solving commands with
large values of the variables?
"God made the integers, all else is the work of man."
L. Kronecker, Jahresber. DMV 2, S. 19.
Prev by Date:
Re: sqrt(x^2) = x
Next by Date:
Re: view only every second bar lable on x-axes
Previous by thread:
Re: Imposing a value for LeafCount
Next by thread:
Re: Solving Diophantine Equations