Plotting a phase boundary

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61283] Plotting a phase boundary
  • From: dkjk at
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 05:55:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a series of Table objects, each consisting of a 100 x 100 matrix
divided into a region of 1's and 0's. For an example file see

Then try

pts = Import["DATA.CSV"];
(Actually, this matrix should be inverted)

My goal is to find the boundary between the 1's and 0's, or an
approxmimation to it, and plot all of the boundaries (for each of the
matrices) together in a 3-dimensional surface plot so as to obtain a
surface.  The surface will then correspond to the "phase transition"
between, say 0 (inside the surface) and 1 (outside the surface). I
think I might be asking too much. I would like to know if it is
possible for a relatively inexperienced user of Mathematica to achieve

Thanks in advance.