Re: Re: big integer for Range

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61351] Re: [mg61299] Re: big integer for Range
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:18:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Aside from the particular design of Mathematica, there's no particular
reason that available (physical RAM + VM) need limit the length of a
list: a program could write out parts of a list that's too long to a
file, then retrieve parts of it as needed -- all transparent to the
user.  Evidently Mathematica does not do this.