Re: Displaying Solution in Matrix Form

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61361] Re: Displaying Solution in Matrix Form
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 02:29:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

This does what you want (using a randomly generated example):

The solution is in the form of a set of replacement rules for the variables.
You use the variables /.solution construct to apply these rules to the
variables, and then use Partition to split the vector of solutions into a
matrix, which you then display using TableForm (you could use MatrixForm if
you want brackets drawn round the table).

Steve Luttrell

news:diskq0$m9f$1 at