Display sound but suppress graphics

Dear Mathgroup:

OK, I tried, I really did, but I can't figure out how to cause a
sound to play without also displaying a graph of that sound.  This is
on Mac OSX Mathematica 5.2

For example, the following plays the tone (which is what I want) and
also displays a graphic, which I do not want.  I've tried all sorts
of fidding with $SoundDisplayFunction and $SoundDisplay etc to no avail.

Thanks for the help!

With[{p = 16},
     dit = Table[Sin[p*30 2 Pi t/8192], {t, 0, 8191/p, 1}];
     zdit = Array[0, Length@dit];
     ];
ListPlay[Flatten@{dit, zdit, dit, zdit, dit, zdit, dit, zdit, dit}]