Complex numbers in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61647] Complex numbers in Mathematica
- From: per at RQNNE.invalid (Per Rønne)
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:07:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: spam at RQNNE.dk (Per Rønne)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
If I write:
In=Factor[(5 - 3I) + (-4 + I)x + (1 - I)x^2]
Nonreal::"warning": "Nonreal number encountered."
The same with Sqrt[-1].
Why doesn't it show the complex numbers? According to the books it
should - is it a matter of preferences set?
I'm using Mathematica Teacher's Edition 1.1 on MacOS X.
Per Erik Rønne
Prev by Date:
Timing for a cell
Next by Date:
Re: Display sound but suppress graphics
Previous by thread:
Re: Timing for a cell
Next by thread:
Re: Complex numbers in Mathematica