Re: Timing for a cell

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61698] Re: [mg61664] Timing for a cell
  • From: Pratik Desai <pdesai1 at>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:01:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Igor Antonio wrote:

> Pratik Desai wrote:
>> Hi
>> I would like to evaluate the time for evaluation of a particular cell
>> in my notebook, is there some way of calculating it using the
>> Notebook level commands. Or is there some easier way of doing it
>> Please advise
>> Pratik
> I'm not sure what you mean by "notebook level" commands, but please
> consult the Help Browser for Timing[] and AbsoluteTiming[].

Hi  Igor,

Thank you for your response. My cell actually has a bunch of commands
atleast 20, hence I cannot use the Timing[] command unless I put them in
a Block or Module. Dave Annetts provided a nice work around using the
Option Inspector-> NoteBook Option->Evaluation
Options->EvaluationCompleteAction. Whereby I can have a time stamp on my
outputs and I can manually calculate the time for evaluation.

Best regards

Pratik Desai
Graduate Student
Department of Mechanical Engineering