Re: Why? Warning: Actions not found: delete-next-character
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61782] Re: Why? Warning: Actions not found: delete-next-character
- From: Konstantin L Kouptsov <klk206 at panix.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:32:53 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Which window manager do you use? I had noticed in the past that Microsoft-like window managers (Gnome, KDE) tend to disregard .Xresources/.Xdefaults file. No fault from Mathematica's side. Steven T. Hatton wrote: > http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/intel/deletenext51.html > This happened to me after I rebuild my home directory. This is with > Mathematica 5.2 and SuSE Linux 10.0. The fix - after a couple incorrect > attempts - was to run xrdb .Xdefaults after retreiving the old .Xdefaults. > > I use many programs on Linux. I write my own programs on Linux. I download > sourcecode and compile other people's programs on Linux. Mathematica is > the _only_ program with these particular problems. Can anybody explain why > this happens? Is it just due to the fact that motif is ancient?