Re: Elementary Calculation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60089] Re: [mg60078] Elementary Calculation
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:43:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Jim, > I'm using version 4. > > I wish to calculate (24+5*sq,rt.23)^2 > I'm using the square root symbol from the palette. > > I want to obtain (1151 + 240*sq.rt. 23) > > I've tried Simplify and FullSimplify but I keep getting > (24+5*sq,rt.23)^2. > > What command should I use? Expand (or ExpandAll) works for me ... Regards, Dave.