PC Requirements for Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60150] PC Requirements for Mathematica
- From: "Mike" <wxyz09 at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 03:02:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
My buddy is a retired analyst. His son built him a PC w/ 3.0G Celeron CPU,
512MD RAM and Intel motherboard with 911 or 915 chipset. For a new PC it
seems slow to me.
Questions: does Mathematica require a math coprocessor? What do you want in
a PC that's going to run Mathematica?
I don't know which Mathematica functions he's going to use.
Prev by Date:
Re: Matrix/Array Simplification
Next by Date:
Labeling points in ListPlot
Previous by thread:
Re: Does ContourPlot behave correctly?
Next by thread:
Re: PC Requirements for Mathematica