  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60150] PC Requirements for Mathematica
  • From: "Mike" <wxyz09 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 03:02:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My buddy is a retired analyst. His son built him a PC w/ 3.0G Celeron CPU,
512MD RAM and Intel motherboard with 911 or 915 chipset.  For a new PC it
seems slow to me.

Questions:  does Mathematica require a math coprocessor?   What do you want in
a PC that's going to run Mathematica?
I don't know which  Mathematica functions he's going to use.

Mike