Inequality constraints

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60190] Inequality constraints
  • From: geir sivertsen <blackscholes at>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:03:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Does anyone have a short example of a matrix minimization problem with
non-negativity inequality constraints on the variables, solved without
turning to Mathematicas NMinimize or Minimize? Preferably in matrix
notation. I am able to solve the problem with equality constraints,
however the inequality constraint somehow always ends up with 0 as the
solution for my variables. I suppose this is solved by Kuhn-Tucker
conditions, but I am not able get a solution in Mathematica.

Geir Sivertsen