How to create units?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60241] How to create units?
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 04:53:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I'd like to define custom units in Mathematica. Is this possible? I want to define "binary units" (kibi/mibi/gibibytes) as used in computers, because currently: In:= Convert[1 Kilo Byte,Byte] Out= 1000 Byte When it is supposed to be 1024 bytes. How to define custom unit? Thanks!