Re: Solution from Reduce as boundaries for Distribution
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60223] Re: Solution from Reduce as boundaries for Distribution
- From: "kristoph" <kristophs.post at web.de>
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 04:53:00 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Just for completion. I found what I was looking for, thanks to the inspiring ideas of the fine members of this group. The solution to the last step (the boundaries were sometimes less than the calculated value, and so have probability 0) was quite tricky. I solved it with a while loop, which tests the above equation for the randomly picked value with the mentioned boundaries. When a bound value is picked which does not solve the equation I pick another one and so on. Thanks for help.