Re: (how to) make a "boxes" from a MatrixForm representation?

Hello Albert:

I tried this, but it gives the same result as ToBoxes[a].

I do not know what is special about MatrixForm as compared to
StandardForm or TraditionalForm, but ToBoxes seems to ignore it
completely. maybe only the front-end knows about MatrixForm and the
kernel does not.

Regards..Roger