Re: Numerical integration over half-infinite intervals

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60282] Re: Numerical integration over half-infinite intervals
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:46:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

SequenceLimit[list] returns the approximation
given by Wynn's epsilon \
algorithm to the limit of a sequence whose first
few terms are given by list. \
Warning: Wynn's epsilon algorithm can give finite
results for divergent \

may help you.

"Alan" <info at> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dfrgt6$fsg$1 at
|I do a lot of 1D NIntegrates over half-infinite
domains [0,Infinity).
| Sometimes you can simply put Infinity as an
| bound and Mathematica will return an answer. In
| case, I don't have a problem.
| But, sometimes, this fails or takes too
| long, and I am forced to truncate the integral.
| Let's assume my integral converges, is not zero,
and my
| integrand is relatively smooth with a few
derivatives, at least.
| Suppose each finite truncated integral can be
successfully computed to
| the same fixed PrecisionGoal.
| Given that, my questions:
| Is it possible to extrapolate these truncated
results to a
| limit with a known precision? If so, how, and
how does that