Re: Simplify Expressions with Non commutative multiplication

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60330] Re: Simplify Expressions with Non commutative multiplication
  • From: Robert Schoefbeck <schoefbeck at>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:07:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

thanks for the suggestion,
but the form of the cancellation in my previous message was  just a
special case, the general form being

should be transformed to

i had thought about programming a mySimplify working on luists but the
combinatorics is quite messy and i wanted mathematica to help me in the
first place, not being an obstacle. i do think that my demand is very
close to what mathematica can actually do, there should be a tiny trick
to cast  simplify on noncommutative expressions.

robert schoefbeck