Re: 'Changing' parameters in an expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60550] Re: [mg60528] 'Changing' parameters in an expression
  • From: <bsyehuda at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:19:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
First, the expression eqn[[2]]/.a->1/2 equals to (-1/2+x[t])x[t]
x[t] is still unknown (you didn't solve the differential equation yet), so
what are you trying to plot? Plot returns an answer that it cannot get a
number for each value of t in the range required for the plot.
You didn't define initial conditions as well.
For the specific case of your differential equation you can use Solve
Solve[eqn,x[t],t]
and get (in Inputform format)
Out[10]=
where C[1] need to be determined by a specific initial condition.
When you determine this initial condition wou will be able to plot the
results
yehuda