Re: init.m

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60587] Re: [mg60574] init.m
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:20:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Yes, WRI made a change and didn't tell anyone about it (As far as I can

In the Autoload folder make a new Kernel folder. Then move the Init.m file
from the Autoload folder to the Autoload\Kernel folder.

David Park
djmp at

From: Bart De Vylder [ at]
To: mathgroup at

I run Windows XP and I recently upgraded from Mathematica 5.0 to 5.2
(student version).
It seems to me that the file HOME\Application
Data\Mathematica\Autoload\init.m is not read anymore by the kernel, which
was the case before the update.

The autoload path is
{FrontEnd`FileName[{$UserBaseDirectory, "Autoload"}, CharacterEncoding ->
"WindowsANSI"], FrontEnd`FileName[{$BaseDirectory, "Autoload"},
CharacterEncoding -> "WindowsANSI"],
FrontEnd`FileName[{$InstallationDirectory, "AddOns", "Autoload"},
CharacterEncoding -> "WindowsANSI"]}

Maybe not important, but the file init.m contains:
AppendTo[$Path, "C: ... \\My Documents\\Mathematica files"];

but the $Path symbol does not contain this directory

Any comments or help is welcome,
Bart De Vylder