Re: Processing graphics from C programme with MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60815] Re: Processing graphics from C programme with MathLink
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:41:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

exporting graphics from the Kernel may need a FrontEnd
to get the font metrics. Have a look at the J/Link package
 (J/Link 2.10.6) how to run the FrontEnd as a service.

"Robert Cussons" <r.cussons at> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dhavf3$jff$1 at
|I have a C programme that reads data from a
number of files and arranges them
| into a list for Mathematica to access and then
plot, Mathematica then exports
| this plot as an .eps to ghostview. This works
when I run the code direct from
| Mathematica, but now I have tried to transport
the code into the C programme
| to fully automate the process and I cannot get
it to work. As you can
| imagine, I have a number of set commands to
produce the required tables. But
| I don't know how to check whether these are
being processed correctly. The
| most puzzling thing is I don't know why, even if
other things are wrong, why
| ghostview doesn't launch. Shown below is a
section of code including the
| attempt to launch ghostview. I have been at this
solidly for a few days now
| and would be very grateful for some help!!
Thanks, Rob.
| MLINK lp;
| int pkt;
| MLEnvironment env;
|  env = MLInitialize(NULL);
| if(env == NULL)
| {
| return 1;
| }
| lp = MLOpen(argc, argv);
| if(lp == NULL)
| {
| return 1;
| }
| MLPutFunction(lp, "EvaluatePacket", 1);
| MLPutFunction(lp, "ToExpression", 1);
| MLPutString(lp,
| Join[pllist, labels], Rule[PlotRange, All],
Rule[FrameTicks, List[Automatic,
| Automatic, None, Automatic]], Rule[AxesLabel,
List[\"\", \"Energy/MeV\"]],
| Rule[ImageSize, List[1000, 1000]]], \"!gv
energylevels.eps &\"]");