Re: Re: what is wrong with this plot?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60836] Re: [mg60807] Re: [mg60762] what is wrong with this plot?
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:57:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

To MathGroup Responders (thanks, btw):

My response is late because I reinstalled everything on my computer
since my last post... Nobody seems to have experienced the same
problem I had. I reproduced it again after the reinstall, though it
isn't as bad as it was before. The problem is that the fraction line
is broken. To prove to you that I am not (too) crazy, I put
screenshots on my website. The first one was taken before I changed
Windows' graphics settings around to see if that made a difference
(bit depth, performance options, etc):

What would cause this?

I have also seen it in some exported PDFs before...
To: mathgroup at
> Dear MathGroup,
> Plot[x^2,{x,0,10},Epilog->{Text[DisplayForm@ToBoxes[Sqrt[23]/4],{5,50}]}]
> How can I achieve the desired effect of the square root with the
> fraction inside the plot?
> --
> Chris Chiasson

Chris Chiasson