FindMinimum during NMimimize

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65552] FindMinimum during NMimimize
  • From: "mfific at" <mfific at>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 06:14:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear all,

Math ver 5.0
Here is my problem:

I defined a function distanceOverX above that includes FindMinimum for
x variable. And that function works fine by itslef: as an otput I take
the minimized value.

But when I used distanceOverXfunction for finding global Min using
NMinimize, I got the error which indicates that FindMinimum could not
do the job:
for example: The function value not a number at {x}={10}....

I would appreciate for a suggestion how to unlock that  problem.
(Note that for NMinmize I let only one variable (intx) from the
function distanceOverX to be free parameter while other values are

thank you very much,

Mario Fific

Cognitive Psychology and Cognitive Science
Indiana University