Re: GridBox coming back unevaluated

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65572] Re: GridBox coming back unevaluated
  • From: bghiggins at ucdavis.edu
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 00:45:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

What you need to do is wrap Range with ToExpression as follows:

DisplayForm[GridBox[Partition[ToExpression[Range[9]],3],
RowLines->True, ColumnLines->True]]

Apparently, the output from Range in the form of boxes is not being
interpreted. The function ToExpressions forces the boxes to be
interpreted as a Mathematica expression.

Cheers,

Brian