Help with functions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65612] Help with functions
  • From: IronBone <iron.bone at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 04:04:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have written a simmple function which (in my opinion) should always
return False. But it returns True.

It seems that Return[False] breaks the Do loop but not returns from the
I thing I don't understand,  what is defining of functions. Can somebody
explain me this.

fun[x_] := Module[{i},
     Do[If[i == 2, Return[False]], {i, 5}];