  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65684] NDSolve
  • From: "Subbu" <subbaraokommuri at>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 04:32:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a question regarding usage of solution given by NDSolve function

Suppose We have solved one ODE with NDSolve, it will give the solution
as interpolating function. Suppose I am solving a ODE for solution of y
as a function of x, I will get solution like
{y -> InterpolatingFunction[{{0., 1.}}, <>]}.

Now I can get the values of y at any x using y[x]/.sol/.x->0.5

But Suppose I want to evaluate the y' [x](Derivative of y) how can we
get it that from the solution of NDSolve

Thank you