MathKernel closes on me

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65731] MathKernel closes on me
  • From: "Oddur Bjarnason" <oddur.bjarnason at>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 03:49:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator]

Recently Mathematica stopped functioning. When I try to evaluate an
expression in Mathematica 5.1 I get the following message: "MathKernel has a
problem and must be closed". The title bar then shows "Running...Untitled-1"
and when I close the notebook I get the following message: "The notebook
"Untitled-1" contains a running evaluation". The evaluation can not be

I have tried to reinstall Mathematica to no avail.

I have had the same problem with Mathematica Calculation Center 3.

Has anyone got an explanation for this?