Re: command line question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65888] Re: [mg65874] command line question
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:33:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Jason,

> Hi, I'm trying to execute Mathematica (5.2 on Windows) from
> the command line via another program, but I'm having a hard
> time finding a way that would just run a command, then exit.
> Can this be done?
> Even if I could just read my argument from a file and write
> it to another would be fine...just as long as it gives the
> result, the exits.

It works ....

Open your favourite editor & type a whole series of commands.  Then run
Mathematica using

	math < inputFile.m > outputFile.out

For example, if test.m contains the two lines

	plt = Plot[x^2, {x, -2, 2}, DisplayFunction->Identity,
ImageSize->512];
	Export["test.eps", plt, "EPS"];

Then we can run the file from the command line using

	math < test.m > test.out

And produce the files test.out & test.eps which contains the plot we
produced from the command line run.

Regards,

Dave.