error function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65985] error function
  • From: "ann" <annjo.puphy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 05:19:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everybody,
 I would be greatful if someone can help me with the following
problem..

i have a task of integrating a complicated funtion  which upon
execution gives the result with Erf[] how to get it solved.

To say the problem in detail , i have to do the following operation

Integrate[ (F^2 + C*G^2 ) * Real part of (F*complex conjugate of F *
exp(I*theta) ] with the limits [-infinity to infinity] where F and G
are of the form

F=x1 * exp{ (-(t-x2)^2/x3^2 + i/2 * x4(t-xc) + i x4* (t-xc) + i x5 and
g is of the same form with x replaced with y.

now this results in the erf[of another complicated function]

how to get it solved..or to how should i help mathematica to get it
completely solved??

expecting suggestions

thankyou in advance

ann.