Bug in calculating -3^49999.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65989] Bug in calculating -3^49999.0
- From: kowald at molgen.mpg.de
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 04:37:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using Mathematica 5.1 under Win2k and I found a bug when I try to compute
-3^49999. I get:
-3^49999 //N => -3.85 * 10^23855 okay
-3^49999. => -3.85 * 10^23855 okay
(-3)^49999. => -3.85 * 10^23855 + 4.56*10^23844 i wrong
(-3)^49999 => -3.85 * 10^23855 okay
Is this a known problem?
Is there a work around ?
Obviously this is part of a more complicated calculation and so I
cannot simply leave out the brackets.
Prev by Date:
Re: how to iterate
Next by Date:
LinearSolve and System Equation
Previous by thread:
Re: Setting up equations
Next by thread:
Re: Bug in calculating -3^49999.0