Image Processing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66055] Image Processing
  • From: Charlie Springer <RAM at regnirps.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 06:32:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all.

Old physicist, new Mathematica user.

I want to perform 2D FFT's on images. I have used Import to get a JPEG into
apparently, a graphic object. I can not see how to get it into a "list of
lists" or any form acceptable to Fourier[].

Anybody have a snippet or some experience? I'm still learning the
terminology. If this works out I'll get the grid version for a Mac Quad.

-- Charlie Springer