- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66075] nearest neighbor
- From: "Kulp, Chris" <Chris.Kulp at EKU.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 06:33:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am in interested in finding the nearest neighbor for points in a space
whose dimension is greater than two. How can I do this in Mathematica
without computing the distances between all of the points? In
particular, I am interested in developing a Mathematica notebook for the
false nearest neighbor algorithm used in nonlinear time series analysis.
Thank you for any help you can give to me.
Dr. Christopher W. Kulp, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics
Eastern Kentucky University
521 Lancaster Ave.
Richmond, KY 40475
chris.kulp at eku.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: ParametricPlot3D of the Mesh
Next by Date:
Re: Selecting table rows
Previous by thread:
Re: help in solving a double integration....
Next by thread:
Re: nearest neighbor